End-to-End Security for Your SAP Environment
From designing and configuring your SAP application security to implementing SAP BI and HANA security, our Webinar Series gives you tips, tricks and best practices from our top SAP experts.
Join us on Thursdays @ 2:00 pm Eastern beginning April 21st. This series gives you real life examples on how to properly secure and manage your SAP landscape.
Register for one or all three!
Securing Your SAP Application
Speaker: Michele Makuch
Thursday, April 21 @ 11:00 Pacific | 1:00 Central | 2:00 pm Eastern
Designing and maintaining a best in class SAP security environment is a challenging endeavor given the complexity of parameters and general IT controls that need to be properly configured and monitored.
Join Michelle Makuch, SAP security expert, to understand the key steps to design and maintain an optimized SAP security environment helping you avoid the need for a redesign later.
Key Learning Points
- Improve your SAP role design strategy
- Learn key general IT controls to implement and monitor
- See how to establish an adequate SoD management framework
- Understand how to institute a comprehensive SAP security program, including cyber-security risks
Implementing SAP BI Security Best Practices
Speaker: Bob Zenker
Thursday, April 28 @ 11:00 Pacific | 1:00 Central | 2:00 pm Eastern
BI has become pervasive for decision-making at all levels. With that pervasiveness come risks due to a centralized architecture that houses potentially sensitive data in one place that can be used by many people.
Join Bob Zenker, BI expert, to learn how to properly implement SAP BI security based on practical experiences and real-world use case studies. This session will provide detailed tips and tricks for participants on implementing security for adhoc users and discuss challenges of security data and BI content.
Key Learning Points
- Learn best practices on implementing 3rd party security applications like SAP, Windows AD and LDAP
- Gain an overview on data security in Universes, Crystal Reports and SSO to databases
- Review deploying mobile access to BI content utilizing SSL or VPN
- Examine mobile application security setup on devices within the BI4.1 architecture
Securing Your SAP HANA Environment
Speaker: Jonathan Haun
Thursday, May 5 @ 11:00 Pacific | 1:00 Central | 2:00 pm Eastern
Although all systems have to deal with authentication, authorization and user provisioning, SAP HANA deviates from typical database platforms in the amount of security configuration that is done inside the database.
Join Jonathan Haun, co-author of “Implementing SAP HANA”, for expert recommendations on configuring SAP HANA and setting up the proper security models for your SAP HANA system.
Key Learning Points
- Get best practice strategies to properly provision users, manage repository roles, and implement a manageable security model in SAP HANA
- Gain an overview of the 4 different types of privileges in SAP HANA
- Explore how third-party authentication can integrate with SAP HANA
- Find out how to provide selective access to data using analytic privileges in SAP HANA
We have a sweet deal for you to a hot destination attended by the smartest people in the business, featuring state-of-the-art SAP customer stories that add up to, yes, you got it, the only cool SAP Analytics and BusinessObjects event of the year, SABOC.
Starting Monday (July 27th) morning at 12:01 am CT, and running for three days only, you save:
- $500 if you register on Day 1
- $400 if you register on Day 2
- $300 if you register on Day 3
Plus save an additional $100 off by applying the Decision First promo code P23001!
The SABOC flash sale ends at 12:00 am (midnight) CT Wednesday, July 29.
We are excited about this event taking place in Austin, TX the music destination (and more) of the South. And we have a lineup of customer stories, SAP roadmaps, hands-on education, influence opportunities, and dashboard entertainment that is just unprecedented. Bottom line? We want everyone in BI and analytics to add to and benefit from the synergy of this unique event in the SAP ecosystem.
Do the analytics and make it happen. Just enter code FLASH15 when prompted.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Must register through link above to receive discount
Join DFT at the Reporting & Analytics 2014 Conference, co-located with Project Management 2014 and Planning and Performance Management for SAP Customers, in Atlanta, GA. Expand your skills and knowledge by learning from top experts at SAP, independent consultants and your industry counterparts. Attendees will come away with actionable advice, field-tested guidelines, and new techniques for leveraging SAP BI tools to enable better decision-making and uncover critical business insights.
Pre-Conference Date: Sunday, October 26, 2014
Conference Dates: Monday, October 27 – Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Location: Omni CNN Center ~ 190 Marietta Street ~ Atlanta, GA 30303
- Interactive workshops with group problem solving and take home resources
- Hands-on labs with guided exercises, step-by-step direction, and expert instructions
- Live solution demos delivered by SAP, consultants, AND customers
- Facilitated small group networking by tool, industry, and topic
- Ask the Customer and Ask the Experts roundtables: get answers to the questions that matter to you most
Pre- Conference – Sunday, October 26
1:00pm – 4:00pm
Critical Success Factors for Planning and Executing an SAP HANA Implementation Project
Jonathan Haun and Roy Wells
(Seating is limited. Registration is required and begins on the first day of the conference)
Tuesday, October 28
8:30 am – 9:45 am
A Comprehensive, Hands-on Guide to Building Executive-Level Dashboards with SAP BusinessObjects 4.X
Chris Hickman and Patrick Leonard
(This session is repeated on Wed, Oct 29 at 2pm)
10:00 am – 11:15 am
Mastering the Latest Reporting Capabilities of SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence
Chris Hickman and David Hudgins
(This session is repeated on Wed, Oct 29 at 10am)
4:15 pm – 5:30 pm
Tuesday, October 28
10:00 am – 11:15 am
The BI Challenge! Turning Raw Data into Striking Analytics in 60 Minutes Flat: Can it be Done?
Bob Zenker, Don Loden, and Patrick Leonard
(This session is repeated Wed, Oct 29 at 3:30pm)
Data Quality Metrics and KPIs: How to Present Them?
In this session, we’ll discuss where metrics should be sourced from across Information Steward and Data Services. We’ll also address what options you have for presenting the metrics. For example, we’ll discuss how to represent these KPIs and metrics with Business Intelligence tools.
Date: March 18, 2014
Time: 12:00pm ET
Our Recipe for Growth: The Evolution of Data Governance at ConAgra Foods
Learn about ConAgra Foods Just-In-Time (JIT) MDM Program and their implementation of a Passive Governance Strategy, Data Rules, and Processes leveraging SAP Information Steward. See what a successful governance program looks like in the real world. Watch a live demonstration of SAP Information Steward business-focused data quality scorecards executing directly against SAP ECC.
- Business Case: JIT MDM at ConAgra Foods
- Passive Governance with SAP Information Steward
- SAP Information Steward – Real Time Connection to ECC, Scorecards, and Data Validations
Date: March 18, 2014
Time: 2:00pm ET
Must be an ASUG member to register for webcast
Why Should You Attend BI 2014 & HANA 2014?
Two Events for the Price of One!
BI & HANA 2014 are co-located and take place at the Walt Disney World® Swan and Dolphin in Orlando, March 24-27. Plus, Basis & SAP Infrastructure 2014 will also be co-located with BI & HANA 2014, so it is really…THREE EVENTS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!
BI 2014 delivers unsurpassed education for professionals that support SAP BusinessObjects BI & SAP NetWeaver BW and HANA 2014 provides valuable sessions for organizations evaluating, implementing and optimizing SAP HANA.
Decision First will be sponsoring and speaking at both BI and HANA 2014. Our experts will be leading several sessions and will be on-hand to network with customers throughout the day. Don’t miss this opportunity to get all your questions answered face-to-face!
Our close collaboration with SAPinsider makes it possible to extend a special registration discount, up to $500 off the onsite price, to all our valued clients and colleagues who have not yet registered! To receive your discount, you must enter the conference site through the links below.
Top 5 Reasons to Attend:
- Most focused technology event in 2014 exclusively dedicated to SAP BusinessObjects & SAP HANA
- Over 100 education sessions plus pre-conference workshops and networking events
- Network with top industry experts and understand what other customers are doing in this space to maximize return investment
- Learn from real-world business use cases and determine what tools and processes are best for your needs
- Obtain best practices for administering and supporting your BusinessObjects BI & SAP HANA landscape
Hear from Our Experts:
Links for Your Discount:
Hope to see you in Orlando!
The 2013 Data Geek Challenge finalist are in! Data Geeks from all over the world joined this years challenge to fight the Lord of Dark Data. With over 150 submissions, each category was narrowed down to only 3 finalist. Decision First Technologies is proud to announce that Hillary Bliss has been named one of SAP Lumira’s Data Geek Finalist.
You can review each submission and cast your vote by clicking on the link below. You may vote as many times as you would like.
The winners of each category will be announced via SAP Lumira YouTube Channel on Friday, December 13, 2013. The winner in each category with the most votes will receive an exclusive Data Geek badge on the SCN and will be crowned the Ultimate Data Geek for 2013!