In mid-June 2014, SAP released SAP Predictive Analysis version 1.17. While this release does not include that many changes, the algorithm expansion is notable, along with improvements in visualizations for predictive results.
Since Predictive Analysis shares the same visualization interface with SAP Lumira, it is important to note that enhancement to Lumira are also included in Predictive Analysis. These updates include:
- Support for additional data sources (copied from clipboard, additional database support via JDBC drivers)
- Automatic saving of charts and visualizations (THANK GOODNESS!!!!)
- Updated features on the Compose tab to take advantage of Infographics (using pictograms, shapes, and lines to enrich the data story)
- Lumira now suggests potentially interesting relationships related to the visualization you have currently created on the “Related Visualizations” tab of the Chart Feeder. In addition, by clicking on a measure, a dialog pops up in the Chart Feeder allowing the user to click “Run Analysis” and determine which factors contribute most to the variation within the measure. This automated discovery tool might be helpful in uncovering relationships between predictors and responses during modeling.
- BusinessObjects integration has been enhanced with the ability to publish Lumira stories to the BI platform, and the ability to update existing Explorer Info Spaces created by Lumira, and to schedule updates to documents in Lumira Cloud.
To download full PDF and Continue Reading…
Hillary is a Senior ETL Consultant at Decision First Technologies, and specializes in data warehouse design, ETL development, statistical analysis, and predictive modeling. She works with clients and vendors to integrate business analysis and predictive modeling solutions into the organizational data warehouse and business intelligence environments based on their specific operational and strategic business needs. She has a master’s degree in statistics and an MBA from Georgia Tech.